[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror: mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Aug 2 16:38:52 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 08:25:47PM -0500, Jeff Fisher wrote:

> > The University here is OK with providing the worldwide mirror, however
> > they are less than pleased that on-campus CentOS clients are not using
> > the local mirror by default.
>
> This isn't a perfect solution but it does work rather nicely ...
>
> If the on-campus CentOS clients use dns resolvers that you control, you
> could add a zone for mirrorlist.centos.org and direct it at an http
> server that you run. Then whip up a script that takes (via GET) release,
> arch, and repo and have it return your mirror.

This works only so long as CentOS uses http instead of https to
distribute the mirror list, and so long as yum ignores the https
origins of the certificates.  Fedora switched to using https a few
releases back.  I don't recall if yum does https cert checking yet
though...

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist