[CentOS-mirror] Issue with CentOS 6 updates/repodata

Jim Goddard jgoddard at gmi-mr.com
Thu Aug 25 15:31:07 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have been having issues lately with my private mirror.  I am currently
syncing to mirrors.kernel.org, and have been for quite a while.
However, I am just now getting around to installing and playing with
CentOS 6.

My issue is that the /repodata/ folder(s) are not correctly syncing.  I
have actually attempted a couple of different tier 2 mirrors (the other
was rsync://mirror.chpc.utah.edu/pub/centos/), and saw the same
behavior.  The error I received when attempting to install a package on
a centos 6 server was:
http://xx.xx.xx.xx/centos/6/updates/x86_64/repodata/36225ff5aa964e9fd025d55b9b76fbf9e1d5fbf2f0412dfdbd63981ae4172c03-filelists.sqlite.bz2: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure:
repodata/36225ff5aa964e9fd025d55b9b76fbf9e1d5fbf2f0412dfdbd63981ae4172c03-filelists.sqlite.bz2 from updates: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Indeed this file was missing.  It isn't getting pulled down via rsync,
but is referenced in repomd.xml. I manually deleted everything in the
centos/6/updates/x86_64/repodata/ folder, and rsync'ed again, but it
still didn't pull that particular file down.

I copied the file down manually to my repo server with a wget and the
package install went fine after that.  I ran into a nearly identical
issue last week on the base/ tree.  Looking at the http trees of a
number of mirrors all show that file, including mirrors.kernel.org.

I am fairly new to this process, but this has me stumped.  Here is the
rsync command I have been using in a cron job running every 6 hours:
echo "Updating CentOS repository"
rsync -vazH4 --bwlimit=6250
--exclude-from=/usr/local/gmi/centos_repo_rsync.excludes --numeric-ids
--delete --delete-after --delay-updates
rsync://mirrors.kernel.org/centos /var/www/html/centos

when I manually ran that command today, it pulled down the new TIME &
timestamp.txt files, and that was it.

Confused,

Jim Goddard
--