[CentOS-mirror] rsyncing new mirror

TrancePitt Internet :: Admin admin at trancepitt.com
Sun Aug 28 23:06:42 EDT 2011

Dear,

I'm setting up a new public mirror however it fails to rsync from eu-msync
or msync.centos.org, the script looks as follows:

/usr/bin/rsync -avz --delete --delay-updates
rsync://eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS /local-path/to/directory

Output:

msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centose5)

---------------------------------------

This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror
network

to synchronize mirrors.

Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror

use a mirror listed at
http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the

notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15

If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a

mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.

---------

No syncing occurs, other mirrors we've setup are syncing correctly with
almost the same script and cronjobs. Should I first rsync from another tier1
mirror?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Tymen