[CentOS-mirror] Rsync now supported for mirror.academica.fi

Jiří Sléžka jiri.slezka at slu.cz
Wed Feb 9 11:16:04 EST 2011

hello andrew

> A short note that we have now enabled rsync functionality for mirror.academica.fi .

could you help me?

is there some special rules about making rsync mirror or something like
this is sufficient? (taken from fedora mirror howto)

[fedora]
         comment         = Fedora - RedHat community project
         path            = <path to your fedora directory>
         exclude         = lost+found/
         read only       = true
         max connections = 100
         lock file       = /var/run/rsyncd-mirrors.lock
         uid             = <user id (numeric, or textual) of an
anonymous style user who should have read access>
         gid             = <group id (numeric, or textual) of an
anonymous style user who should have read access>
         transfer logging = yes
         timeout         = 900
         ignore nonreadable = yes
         dont compress   = *.gz *.tgz *.zip *.z *.Z *.rpm *.deb *.bz2
         refuse options = checksum

thanks

Jiri Slezka