[CentOS-mirror] CentOS 6.0 is currently mirroring

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Fri Jul 8 18:45:45 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
| seems like some master nodes are at connection limits:
|
| msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centoso4)
| ---------------------------------------
|
| This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide
| mirror network
| to synchronize mirrors.
|
| Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS
| mirror
| use a mirror listed at
| http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13
|
| If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
| notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15
|
| If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
| mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such
| mirror.
|
| @ERROR: max connections (40) reached -- try again later

I've opted to skip the ISO downloads during my initial sync so that I would have the packages that I need to work with first.  Once the initial sync is done I'll start the sync of the ISO files.  This has greatly sped up the time to test/rollout of 6.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca