[CentOS-mirror] Bandwidth questions

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:24:25 EDT 2011

Unfortunately, I don't run the upstream router.  And I just got shut
down by central IT...Apparently I was overloading their traffic shaper
and impeding performance campus-wide.

So I need to come up with a rate limiting method that runs on my
mirror server.  I know linux has QoS and other traffic shaping
systems, I just haven't found a very clear guide to using them, and I
was hoping for someone using traffic shaping on linux with mirror
servers to supply some suggested settings.

--Jim