[CentOS-mirror] New UK Mirror

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:20:46 EDT 2012

On Di 14 Aug 2012 23:18:47 CEST, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> On 08.08.2012 09:24, Mirrors wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I want to notify you our new UK mirror:
>>
>> Crontab and initial sync are done with rsync
>> Mirror of Manchester (Lancashire) - GB
>> Bandwidth 10Mbit/s
>
> Ummm. That's a tad low in an area like the UK, as most other mirrors
> around there are between 100Mbit/s to 1GB/s. Or is that a typo?

That's nothing personal, but we really don't want to send people who
are - for example - installing via the net to a mirror which only has
10Mbit/s if there are many faster mirrors around. Why not join the
torrent swarm for CentOS with that machine? That would also help
distributing it.

Thanks for wanting to help

Cheers,

Ralph