[CentOS-mirror] Mirror Selections

Brian Rak mirrors at constant.com
Thu Dec 20 17:55:21 UTC 2012

The verbose option in the fastestmirror config?  That's not really going
to help, ultimately the problem comes down to the fact that mirrors do
not consistently show up in
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os . We've
noticed that when our mirror is available in that list, that clients
choose it all the time.  When it's not in that list, fastestmirror can't
possibly choose it.

Really, the only solution would seem to use MirrorManager.  Or, at the
very least implement some type of GeoIP system for choosing what mirrors
to return to a client. I just checked, and and I'm getting mirrors from
Alaska and Hawaii even though I'm in New Jersey..

Does anyone know the status of MirrorManager?  Is that still something
that's being worked on, or has it been shelved?