[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 22:04:06 UTC 2012

On 18.12.2012 00:12, Adam Cantwell wrote:
> I've got a new mirror setup and ready to go with initial syncs completed
> and syncing 4 times daily:
>
> http://mirror.westernvirtual.com/centos/
> ftp://mirror.westernvirtual.com/centos/
>
> Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
> Bandwidth cap:  30Mbps for now

That's not much, especially in a country (well, a rather large one, the
US) where we have tons of mirrors with 1Gbps and even more with 100 Mbps.

The only thing I could do is add it under "Tier 2 (Slower than OC3 but
faster than T1)" and not include it in our mirrorlist rotation, as I
don't want to send unsuspecting users at a mirror with that speed.

Regards,

Ralph