[CentOS-mirror] Mirror not shown up when fetching mirrorlist by ipv6

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Tue Feb 12 22:12:28 UTC 2013

icez network kirjoitti:
> Hello,
>
> It seems that my mirror (mirrors.thzhost.com
> <http://mirrors.thzhost.com>) doesn't show up when fetching a mirror
> list by ipv6. Since the mirror does support IPv6 already, could you
> please enable accessing it.

Seems to work from here:

wget -qO -
"http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=os&cc=th" -6
http://mirrors.thzhost.com/centos/5/os/x86_64/

Note the &cc=th parameter in the above URL, it can be used to override
the GeoIP information. It's possible that the GeoIP database doesn't
know about your IPv6 address.

However, the most likely explanation is that your mirror wasn't up to
date when you tested, ie. new updates had just been published. If the
mirror checker script detects this condition, the mirror will be dropped
from the list until it is up to date again.