[CentOS-mirror] Which FTP server?

Dattatec Mirrors mirrors at dattatec.com
Mon Jun 10 15:12:17 UTC 2013

El Sábado 08/06/2013, Neil Aggarwal escribió:
> Hello:
>
> I am setting up a CentOS mirror.
> I am using CentOS 6.4 on my machine.
>
> I am looking at options for setting up FTP.
> I have used vsftpd in the past, but I would like to set it
> up to serve files without requiring a login and I am not
> seeing that in the documentation.
>
> What FTP server are people using on their mirrors?
>
> Thanks,
>   Neil

I'm no expert with vsftpd but I see this in a config file:

# Allow anonymous FTP? (Beware - allowed by default if you comment this out).
anonymous_enable=NO

We use proftpd mostly (for mirrors and other services) which is sort of the
apache of FTP servers (very flexible, tons of optional modules, somewhat
heavy but not that much) and we're very happy with it.

There's also pure-ftpd which is lighter on resources (so I've heard) but I
have no direct experience with it.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo J. Barberis