[CentOS-mirror] New mirror - Dronten, NL

Anssi Johansson centos at miuku.net
Wed Mar 6 12:26:23 UTC 2013

Alex kirjoitti:
 > Good morning,
 >
 > I have setup a new mirror with the following information:
 >
 > http://mirror.darkorb.me/centos/
 > ftp://mirror.darkorb.me/centos/
 > rsync://mirror.darkorb.me/centos/
 >
 > Rate limit is set to 100Mbps at current with both IPv4 & IPv6.

Hi, thanks for the new mirror. I'm not responsible for adding new
mirrors to the list, but I think your submission lacks a few details
that are needed.

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors says "Please include
what city/state/country you are in [...]. Also please give a name and
link to the sponsoring organization so we can give proper credit."

See http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=31 for some
examples for the sponsoring organization. You may want to amend your
mirror submission with these details.

In addition to that, there seems to be a slight problem with accessing
your FTP mirror over IPv6:

$ wget --inet6-only ftp://mirror.darkorb.me/centos/TIME
--2013-03-06 14:08:37--  ftp://mirror.darkorb.me/centos/TIME
            => `TIME.20'
Resolving mirror.darkorb.me... 2a00:1ca8:2a::3f
Connecting to mirror.darkorb.me|2a00:1ca8:2a::3f|:21... failed:
Connection refused.

HTTP and rsync are OK when accessed over IPv6. For IPv4, all the methods
seem to work.

p.s.
I tried to send this message off-list, but mail.darkorb.me doesn't seem
to want email from my ISP's mail server: "Client host [213.243.153.184]
blocked using recent.spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net; Spam Received Recently See:
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?213.243.153.184". Hopefully the
message will come through to you via the list.