[CentOS-mirror] linux-mirror.no-ip.org

Anthony Somerset anthony at somersettechsolutions.co.uk
Sun Sep 29 20:25:51 UTC 2013

hey

no-ip.org is a dyndns hostname - is your IP dynamic? - that sounds like a consumer grade internet connection to me, whois of current ip matches that assumption  http://whois.domaintools.com/87.251.143.28 - i'm not aware of any explicit rule but i'd assume that having a non-static IP is less than desirable?

have you checked to confirm that serving content in this manner is not against your terms and conditions as a broadband customer

also pretty certain that the speed might be too low for a mirror as theres already 8 Tier 1 (>OC3) mirrors in Russia

it might be better running a torrent seed for centos with that connection however

Kind regards,
Anthony Somerset

Somerset Technical Solutions Ltd.
www.somersettechsolutions.co.uk
Registered in the UK – Company no. 07738444
VAT Registration No: 140 6916 22
T: +44 (0) 33 0088 2751
E: anthony at somersettechsolutions.co.uk
PGP: 0x7C892BF5