[CentOS-mirror] Spring Clean-up operation

Seamus Ryan s.ryan at uber.com.au
Thu Mar 20 23:22:35 UTC 2014

http://mirror-status.centos.org/

Looks heaps better, much less red!

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Fabian Arrotin
Sent: Thursday, 20 March 2014 11:22 PM
To: centos-mirror at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS-mirror] Spring Clean-up operation

Hi Mirror folks !

Just to let you know that I have verified some mirrors last week and sent several mails to the contact info we had for those mirrors (unreachable/far behind).
I've received feedback from some people still willing to be listed as third-party mirror and so they fixed the issue they had (thank you !)

Some other people replied with a "sorry, we can't host a mirror anymore"
answer . (Thanks for having replied my email and thank you for having been part of the successful "centos mirror party" !).

For the "unanswered" ones, I've decided that it was time to launch a "Spring clean-up operation" in the mirrors DB/Network.
I've removed them from the DB, meaning that the crawler process we use to detect bad/unreachable mirrors will not even try anymore to verify them.
We actually have more than 500 external (third-party) mirrors serving CentOS to the whole world, without counting the 50+ (managed by CentOS) servers used to feed those external mirrors, and sometimes serving content too for countries less covered.

Thanks a lot for you collaboration and support ! We *love* you :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab