[CentOS-mirror] Abusive repodata downloads

Wed Apr 3 12:45:57 UTC 2024
Stephen Smoogen <ssmoogen at redhat.com>

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 at 08:42, Carsten Otto <otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2024 at 08:38:17AM -0400, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> > Can you give the full httpd string (remove the ip address). This might
> help
> > figure out if it is a specific version of a tool which is the problem or
> if
> > it is a generic issue.
>
> I don't log user agents, sorry. I could temporarily enable that if
> helps?

If you for debugging purposes and then turn it off again it would be
helpful. There are multiple tools which can download this data from a
'client' point of view and some of them are going to be 'buggy'.

--
Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.