[CentOS-promo] Re: CentOS Booth @ LinuxTag (fwd)

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Sun May 6 11:37:42 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Ralph,
>
> What is your opinion for the booth ?
>
> I haven't thought about a design for the booth. Having at least one or two
> pedestal's would be nice. But a normal table would be useful as well to
> put some flyers on and to put a big flat panel screen. Also a normal
> rectangular table allows us to put stuff behind (like a computer or
> bags). Also one or two chairs for that table would be good as well to sit
> from time to time :)

Sorry, I have been swamped with work over the last two weeks, so I
couldn't do any real thinking (or other stuff for CentOS) during that
time.

Chairs are very very welcome :)

You can probably put stuff like bags behind the pedestals, a square
table would be nice for giving people a chance to talk to each other.

> as you can see on the floor map [1], your booth (#35) has a 6,36m front.
> I thought about giving you two 50x50x130cm (width x depth x height) and
> one 100x50x130cm podest for putting 3-4 laptops on it. Is this fine for you?

So we have 2 m of pedestals in the booth, which leaves us 4x2 meters for
talking with people - which probably isn't too bad. I'v been at the
Fedora booth at Chemnitzer Linuxtag - and they could have used that
space for in-depth talks.

Should we discuss that on the mailing list? (Just to show some traffic
there for the people who subscribed) >:)

Cheers,

Ralph