[CentOS-promo] Re: centos@linuxtag

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu May 17 16:50:25 UTC 2007

Lance Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> >I already added the 1% for breakable stuff ...
> >
> >So it's 1.3% - which still doesn't add up, true :)
> >
> >EUR 65,- for insuring EUR 5,000,-.
>
> looks like I got a decimal point wrong as well ...

Hehe.

> >>Maybe we need say 2000 euros of cover for 60 euros - which CentOS project
> >>can repay by paypal if someone lays it out.
> >
> >The insurance includes personal stuff of the exhibitors (Notebooks,
> >PDAs, Smartphones, whatever). So I think EUR 2,000 isn't enough. But see
> >above.
>
> We need to see the cost of stuff from the university ??

Yes. At least an estimate.

> Plus we are still liable for 25% of the value ...
>
> Would that liability be taken personally for personal equipment ??

I'd think so. Still waiting for others to chime in =:)

> But would that liability need to be taken by theproject for the stuff
> from the uni ??

If we have no other choice - as said, I am not able to bring stuff like
that with me (Monitor is too big as I'm going by train, beamers are in
use), but that would have to be insured as well.

>>Does everyone have a liability insurance of those attending there? Those
>>might be paid privately, I think.
>>
>>I'd be able to lay out the money beforehand and if nobody disagrees will
>>collect liability insurance (82/6 persons) and accident insurance (10*6
>>persons) personally. It would be great if CentOS would repay the theft
>>insurance.
>>

> Centos has no issue paying the others as well if they are needed.

Oh, okay. I'd think at least the liability stuff should be insured, *if*
not everyone does have a private insurance for that.

Raise your hands now, if that is the case ...

> But it is also best to not leaver stuff valuable unattended , to avoid
> harming 3rd parties and to be careful in case of accidents :)

And look to both sides before crossing the street!

Cheers,

Ralph