[CentOS-promo] [LT07-Pro-Announce] Infomail #4, April 30, 2007 (fwd)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun May 20 21:04:44 UTC 2007

FYI, this one predates this list.

Hey, it's an excuse like any other :)

Kind regards,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wolfgang Drotschmann <drotschm at linuxtag.org>
To: projects-announce at linuxtag.org
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:25:46 +0200
Subject: [LT07-Pro-Announce] Infomail #4, April 30, 2007

Dear Projects,

after further brainstorming, research, meetings, negotiations, some tee
and beer we have some news for you:

 o Booth Plans
 o Booth Furniture
 o Posters
 o Power and Internet Connectivity
 o Setting up and Dismantling Your Booth
 o Exhibitor Passes
 o Deliveries
 o Catalogue / Project Logo
 o Project Workshops
 o Accommodation
 o eTickets

So you see, it's a lot of stuff.

1. Booth Plans

Finally we have finished the booth planning for the Free Software
Projects. You can find the preliminary plans on our website. They are
for your eyes only - please do not distribute them!

 o Hall 12:

http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/tmp/aufplanung/LinuxTag2007-Halle12-20070430.pdf

 o Hall 14.1:

http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/tmp/aufplanung/LinuxTag2007-Halle14.1-20070430.pdf

This year we do not have this much space as the year before. It was a
really hard job to fit every project into this plan and we have tried to
do our best.

2. Booth Furniture

First we have to apologize that you have still to be patient, but Messe
Berlin is working very hard on the details of your booth's equipment.

One reason for this: we will have much better furniture at the booths
this year. There will be (all dimensions are height x width x depth):

    *  Infopoints (2.5 m x 1 m x 1 m): The infopoints have a 2.5 m high
      and 1 m wide postwall in the middle. At each side, there is a
      circular desk, which has its deepest point with 0.5 m.
    * Infocounter (1 m x 1 m x 0.5 m): The infocounter is a normal sales
      counter, which may be used for presenting giveaways,
      merchandising, etc.
    * Podests (narrow) (1.3 m x 0.5 m x 0.5 m): This podests are a kind
      of counter, but a little bit higher, so they are ideal for putting
      an LCD display or laptop on it.
    * Podests (wide) (1.3 m x 1 m x 0.5 m): This podests are a kind of
      counter, but a little bit higher, so they are ideal for putting
      two LCD displays or laptops on it.

As we from the project committee talked to every project we were able to
contact by phone, we assigned some of this stuff to your booth depending
on its size and your provided information in the vCC.

Please do not send us mails about what will be at your booth: we will
provide you detailled plans until May 10th. Then there will be a short
timeslot for discussing your change requests.

3. Posters

Please prepare at least one large poster (A1 or A0) to be placed on the
walls of your booth or infopoint, so that visitors understand what the
booth is all about, or what the particular machine in front of them
intends to demonstrate. Without posters or other similar stuff the booth
will probably look a bit deserted and not that interesting at all.

There are just very few booths which have all four sides open and
therefore have no wall to put posters on. This projects will have the
Infopoints (see above) at their booth. They should prepare for each side
of the infopoint a poster.

You can use adhesive tape to fix the posters on the walls. If you plan
to demonstrate fancy hardware at your booth, it is very helpful to
describe these particular pieces of hardware in a poster or a large
sign, so that visitors recognise its value or notice that it is
extraordinary.

4. Power and Internet Connectivity

Power and Internet will be provided by LinuxTag and Messe Berlin for the
project booths. You don't have to worry about these. However, you'll
need to take enough extension cords and power multiplier sockets with
you. We cannot provide them in a proper number for all projects. If you
use a cable drum for distributing power, please make sure not to connect
any computers or monitors to it unless you've pulled off the entire
cable. If you plan to present special hardware, like several servers,
which will consume very much power, please contact us.

Please be advised to take long network cables with you. You will also
need some switches for the inner-booth network.

If you share your booth with other projects, you probably should plan
the booth cabling together with them.

5. Setting up and Dismantling Your Booth

You can setup your booth the two days before LinuxTag opens its doors.
On Monday, May 28th, and Tuesday, May 29th, you setup and decorate your
booth from 7 am to 10 pm. The earlier you arrive and begin with this the
better for all to solve eventually arising problems here. We hope that
the booth basics are ready for you when you arrive. Otherwise, please
stand nearby, and make sure to have a guard at your stuff.

Because LinuxTag will be opened on Tuesday, May 30th, by some officials
there is no way to setup your booth this day, it has to be done before.

As usual it is not permitted to start dismantling your booth on
Saturday, June 2nd, before the show officially closes. Please do not
start packing your equipment befor 6:30 p.m. You also can dismantle your
booth on Sunday, May 3rd, from 7 am to 10 pm.

To get into the exihibtion halls during setup, we will send you special
exhibitor passes, which are only valid for the setup and dismantling
time. We will send them to our project contact person. Please update
your postal address until Friday, May 4th.

6. Exhibitor Passes

The exhibitor passes for project booth members will continue to be free
of cost for a reasonable amount of booth personnel. However, they are
not meant as a means for regular visitors to save the entrance-fee.
Hence, please don't abuse this, and don't add random visitors as booth
staff if they don't belong to your booth. For this matter we already
sent you some eTickets.

You can order the exhibitor passes for each accepted project using the
vCC. Please login at the virtual Conference Center and click in the Main
menu on "Project" and then in submenu on "Projects".

Each accepted project will find a button "Order exhibitor passes". After
you ordered the passes, we will have a look at the list and approve
them. Otherwise you will get an email from us.

The deadline for ordering exhibitor passes is May 21st.

7. Deliveries

It is possible to send packaged stuff to LinuxTag independent of your
own arrival. However, Messe Berlin is a very large area, and if nobody
knows about the packages, these cannot be taken care of properly. Please
ensure that they will not be delivered before May 25th, as nobody's
there before.

Please read the following thoroughly:

    * At all times parcel post can be send to the parcel service of
      Messe Berlin which can be ordered using form B3+4 at our
      exihibitor service sites. Advantages are: it will arrive on
      schedule, parcel is covered by insurance.
    * You can send parcel post in little amounts (quantity and size) to
      us ---that is Messeleitung LinuxTag Projektbüro, please see
      address later on--- but only May 25th (Friday) or 26th (Saturday).
      Please keep in mind that via this way parcel will not be insured.

Hence, please tell us who sends the packets, who should receive the
stuff, and what kind of content is in. The Project Team will act as
dispatcher anyway, but can only accept and dispatch stuff properly when
the team knows about it. For this reason, send us an email (to
projects at linuxtag.org) with this subject: Parcel Post for Project
$projectname (#boothno).

Please send packages to

Messeleitung LinuxTag Projektbüro
c/o Messe Berlin GmbH
ICC Pressegeschoss
Messedamm 22
D-14055 Berlin
Germany

Please put on the package (but not to the address field) the project
name, the booth number, a contact person and a phone number (cellular).

    * Starting with May 29th (Tuesday), you can receive parcel straight
      at your booth. You have to make sure that there's somebody who
      accepts the packet. Please only use the address given here, and
      please inform us about the deliveries you expect.

If you choose to send it to your booth, use this formula for the address:

PROJECTNAME
HALL, BOOTHNUMBER
c/o Messe Berlin GmbH
Messedamm 22
D-14055 Berlin
Germany

8. Catalogue / Project Logo

We are currently providing the official fair catalogue. Therefore we
will take the information from the vCC. Please have a look at the
following fields:

    * Project Name
    * Press Contact
    * Descriptions (short, long)

Additionally we need your logo in an vector format (EPS, PDF) and as
bitmap (JPG or PNG at most 400 kB). Please send it via email to
projects at linuxtag.org, and please use this subject "Project Logos for
$PROJECTNAME". It is very important that you use the correct subject line.

Deadline for the logo and the vCC information is on Monday, May 7th.

9. Project Workshops

There are still opportunities to have a Project Workshop. Use your vCC
account to place submissions with category "Project Workshop" in our vCC.

Extended closing date is May 14, 2007.

10. Accommodation

The city has an enourmous, nearly innumerable number of accommodation
facilities. Because we have to organise many things virtually, it's hard
for us to give you foolproof advice on this score. However, we hope that
Sven Guckes, our local scout, can provide us with further
recommendations within next week about a number of hostels.

We have heard from several projects that they already have made
arrangements here. We want to ask you to exchange information if you
have special arrangements, you can make your accommodation provider
happy if you book him out together with your fellows.

Although we had started to look for a gym, things went on very tough. We
are sorry for this. We look for volunteer who finds a gym for the
community, or who can help Sven.

First and good information for traveling to Berlin and Messe Berlin has
been collected here:

  http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/de/besucher/anreise.html

A number of service providers for accommodation has been listed here:

  http://www.linuxtag.org/2007/de/besucher/hotels-packages.html

11. eTickets

Like last year, we will send each project a bunch of eTickets, which you
should spread amoung your project community. The tickets are quite the
same like last year, but one ticket is now valid for the whole LinuxTag
event. So you do not have to collect more of them.

Because we encountered some trouble last year, we urge you to activate
your eTicket account immediately after you got the mail from the system:
the invitations are only valid for 48 hours and the tickets will be lost
afterwards.

So, you will hear from us until May, 10th!

Regards,
Susanne Pfeifer, Wolfgang Drotschmann, Marko Jung & Martin Schulte
Project Committee LinuxTag 2007