[CentOS-promo] Re: LinuxTag preparations

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Mon May 28 22:20:25 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
...cut...

> Maybe the Dell PC can help out? I found out that it was quite
> different than the normal specs (you can obviously change everything
> on a Dell order). The bad news is that it has only 80GB hdd, but the
> good ones are that it has an nVidia graphics card (Quadro NVS 285,
> NV44). Maybe that's OK for showing compiz?

Sounds decent enough

> But: Using the xen kernel and the nvidia drivers is known to be
> unstable, So while demoing xen one would not have access to compiz and
> vice versa.

We could still let the compiz demo run on my laptop. Maybe it is even
easier to split those things up so we can show different things at the
same time and make it all a bit more flexible to help people out with
their questions.

> > The system has a VIA motherboard and no free slots. It does have a PCMCIA
> > slot though :(
> >
> > We may still use it to display something. But the graphics chipset is
> > really really slow.
> >
> > PS Tim, can you bring a (small) (USB) keyboard ?

Done (but skip the small part :) )

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - dj at rootshell.be - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)