[CentOS-promo] CentOS at Congreso de Software Libre, Bolivia

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Tue Sep 25 05:12:26 UTC 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Hardy Beltran Monasterios wrote:

> Hi folks

Hi Hardy !

> In the coming month, the bolivia's free software community, is
> organizing the "VII Congreso Nacional de Software
> Libre" (http://congreso.softwarelibre.org.bo)
>
> I will be there giving some talks and workshops. So I'm interested on
> made a CentOS Project presentation, because for many people in my
> country CentOS is a "new" Linux distro or just they don't know.

Great ! I added it on the Event page in the wiki. I also added a page for
this event stating that you are the Single Point of Contact so people know
who to talk to if they want to help or have questions.

I do not have your wiki login. If you could give me that I can give you
write access to that page.

	http://wiki.centos.org/Events/CongresoNacionalDeSoftwareLibre/7

> So, there is an existing presentation ?, to begin from there. I need
> translate it to spanish.

We do have a few presentations, but they are currently not all on the
wiki. We also have an OpenOffice template you can use for making
presentations. I now created a space for sharing these at:

	http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Presentations

There are 2 persons you can contact to help you with your presentation
because they did one themselves and have material: Ralph Angenendt and
Karanbir Singh.

For LinuxWorld Netherlands in October, I need to make a Dutch presentation
myself, so I'll be working on content too. We definitely need a master
document in English that people can cherry-pick slides from and translate
from there.

> By the way, I'm older CentOS user, from CentOS-3 days. I'm too an usual
> contributor to centos-spanish maillist. And some times (when I have few
> work) I help with translation work on the wiki.

Welcome to the promo mailinglist :) Don't be afraid to ask for help or
access to something, I am gladly helping you with whatever you need.