[CentOS-promo] FrOSCon 2008

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Thu Apr 10 15:03:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Andreas Rogge wrote:

> Dag Wieers schrieb:
>
>> PS Are you interested in organising the booth ? Since it is close to where
>> you live and you speak German there is less confusion ? If not I will do
>> best-effort like last year :-)
>>

> No Problem, I think I already offered that at FOSDEM. Maybe you could tell
> them that I'll be the contact so they don't get confused.

I thought so, but I no longer trust my memory :-)

> However, I'll probably bug you with questions whenever I get stuck.

I will forward you all the communication. I already requested a booth
(today) and have commited one paper. (no, not dstat :-))

With the upcoming NLLGG CentOS day in the Netherlands, I hope we can
produce some more presentation content that we can reuse at other events.

I was also thinking of making some groundrules for our presentation
framework, like:

  - presentations should be available in English as well and maintained at
    least in English (so people can contribute and give feedback)

  - presentations should contain notes with a summary of what the main
    motivation is for each slide and special examples/points you want to
    make (so other people can give the same presentation)

  - presentations should be versioned and are maintained by the original
    author (to prevent mistakes or having to merge content after someone
    edited a local copy)

And we should probably think of important main presentations that we want
people to look at about:

  - The CentOS project
  - CentOS and Enterprise Linux distributions
  - Installing and configuring CentOS for desktop use (!)
  - Installing and configuring CentOS for server use
  - CentOS system administration (tips and best practices)

so that we have content (free to use) for schools and organisations.

PS I also noticed that moinmoin has a Slideshow capability but I am not
sure if that is something we want to use to work collectively on
presentations. I myself am fond of using OpenOffice and I can imagine
people do not want to spend a lot of time on layout before a presentation
to get the latest bits.