[CentOS-promo] Fosdem 2008 status

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jan 16 15:33:00 UTC 2008

Tim Verhoeven wrote:
> I was planning to only talk about deployment (so not about config
> management). But I'll leave the subject for you then, I'll brainstorm
> about something else to talk about.

One of the other things that would be good to get out there is how
people and projects might use CentOS as a platform to deliver their own
apps.

Perhaps what we could do is something like this :

Tim does Virt talk

Tim + KB do a tutorial on howto get mass deployment going using cobbler
+ Virt

KB does talk on howto use centos as a platform.

I think since its a devroom - a tutorial would be good. however, its
always nice to have the audience with laptops or machines that they can
pluginto some network and join the effort and play along. Not sure how
that might go down. Also, there might be an issue that just 2 of us
might not be able to cover the entire room ( if we have more than 10 -
12 people attending ) - so we might need a few more people to help with
the tutorial.

I would really like something interactive like that though.