[CentOS-promo] FOSDEM: deadlines + hotel (fwd)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jan 28 19:51:34 UTC 2008

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pascal Bleser <loki at fosdem.org>
To: Peter Vandenabeele <peter at vandenabeele.com>, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>,
    Bart Coppens <coppens at kde.org>, Frederic Hornain <fhornain at gmail.com>,
    Wouter Verhelst <wouter at debian.org>, Martin Lasarsch <mlasars at suse.de>,
    Luc Verhaegen <lverhaegen at suse.de>,
    Philippe De Swert <philippedeswert at scarlet.be>,
    Louis Suarez-Potts <Louis.Suarez-Potts at Sun.COM>,
    Israel Herraiz <herraiz at gsyc.escet.urjc.es>,
    Daniel Seuffert <DS at praxisvermittlung24.de>,
    Christophe Fergeau <teuf at gnome.org>, Tom Marble <Tom.Marble at Sun.COM>,
    Mary Colvig <mary at mozilla.com>, Joeri Poesen <joeri at symbiotix.net>,
    Pablo Machón <machon at fsfeurope.org>, Volker Dormeyer <volker at ixolution.de>,
    Jos Poortvliet <Jos at mijnkamer.nl>, Michael Lauer <mickey at vanille-media.de>,
    Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof at gnome.org>, Tomas Gustavsson <tomas at primekey.se>,
    Wim Vandeputte <wim at kd85.com>, Hubert Freyer <hubertf at NetBSD.org>,
    Axel S. Gruner <asg at bsdcg.org>, Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd.de>,
    Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads at pgug.de>, David Fetter <david at fetter.org>,
    Benoit Mortier <benoit.mortier at opensides.be>,
    Bas de Lange <bas at softwarefreedomday.nl>, François Revol <revol at free.fr>,
    Jan Claeys <ubuntu at janc.be>, Ralph Meijer <ralphm at wat.moet.ik.nu>,
    Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at computer.org>,
    Greg Casamento <greg_casamento at yahoo.com>,
    Helge Hess <helge.hess at opengroupware.org>,
    Gerold Rupprecht <geroldr at bluewin.ch>
Cc: FOSDEM DevRooms <devrooms at fosdem.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:50:14 +0100
Subject: FOSDEM: deadlines + hotel

Hi all

1) DEVROOM SCHEDULE REMINDER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First of all, a reminder for all the Devroom coordinators: the deadline
for sending in schedule information is
                      *****************************
                      ***** Friday 2008-02-01 *****
                      *****************************
which is *end of this week* (I hope I stressed it enough ;)).

If you already have content (speaker bios, talk abstracts, ...) that is
confirmed, please already send it to me (at devrooms at fosdem.org), even
if the whole schedule isn't complete. That'll save me a few sleepless
nights to hack all the content into our CMS.

And please remember that the devrooms will only be available from 14:00
on on Saturday (from 09:00 on on Sunday). I'm not kidding, because
unfortunately university courses are still being taken in most of those
rooms on Saturday morning. Hence it would be a good idea to start your
schedule at 14:15 (umm.. yeah, I should have mentioned that earlier I
guess ;)).

2) HOTEL DISCOUNT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second, we have a bunch of hotel rooms left at a preferential rate at
the Novotel Grand'Place [1], at 105 EUR / 115 EUR (single/double room,
including breakfast) per night (it's 50% off the regular price).

I know it's really short notice, and the deadline is *end of this week*,
but if you're interested use the PDF form attached to this email and
send it directly to the hotel, either by fax or by email (see PDF).

About 20-25 rooms are left, first come first served ;)

[1]http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/1030/fiche_hotel.shtml

3) STANDS
~~~~~~~~~
Nothing particular ;)
As explained in my stand confirmation email, the tables will have paper
sheets with assignment sticked on them, and you can always get more
information at our InfoDesk (right at the entrance).
It would be kind if you could quickly stop by at the InfoDesk and have
your name ticked by our staff, just to know who's there and who's not.
If you feel like bringing some decoration (banners or such) for your
stand, definitely do so -- I'm afraid they're a bit dull compared to
shiny-big-expensive-commercial-events ;)

cheers
- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser <loki at fosdem.org>    http://www.fosdem.org
  /\\     FOSDEM 2008 :: 23 + 24 February 2008 in Brussels
 _\_v Free and Opensource Software Developers European Meeting