[CentOS-promo] cPanel Conference, October 5-7, 2009, Houston, TX, US

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 3 15:29:10 UTC 2009

On 06/03/2009 04:42 AM, Garry.Dale wrote:
> The upcoming cPanel Conference would be a great event to promote
> CentOS.  I'm a cPanel and CentOS user/admin, and I live in Houston,
> TX.  If anyone plans on attending from the Promo SIG, let me know.
> I'm willing to help with the promo, if needed.
>
> http://www.cpanel.net/conference/09/index.html

Hi Garry,

Firstly, thanks for taking this up - if you need to go ahead and make
any entries or fill in any forms, just pass them by us here once and you
should be good to go and be the face-of-centos if you like. I hope you
are ok being point-man for this conference ?

I know there are plenty of people who dont like the 'cpanel way' of
doing things and how that breaks the distro, but end of the day its a
user decision as to what the platform is. If CentOS + cPanel works for
you, then you should tell everyone about that, and imho it is fantastic
to have community represent the project at venues like this.

There is still some time to create the wiki pages etc, and to get some
announcements out of the 'usual' channels and lots of people on this
list have now done / been to / spoken at / helped organise various
events, and would be happy to help with anything you might need help with.