[CentOS-promo] LinuxTag2009

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:35:03 UTC 2009

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Didi wrote:
>>> It is unclear whether I will come. Brenda cannot take holidays and I don't
>>> plan on driving 7h by myself, especially because I normally have to work
>>> during that weekend. (If I am coming, I do need to work on Sunday)
>>>
>>> I am seeing with Tim Verhoeven. If he is coming we would drive together
>>> and then it is feasible, otherwise I don't know what we are going to do
>>> with the gear :-/
>
> Driving together is an option, but I need to ride back too.

Depending on my exams and some other planning issues I might be able to
make it to LinuxTag, I would only be able to come from Thursday to Saturday.
But I am waiting for my final exam schedule, as I also need to plan some
other work related issues, hopefully I will know by next week.

If I do come, I can give Dag a ride back.

>>> BTW The flyers are 2.5 years old by now (and still current !! :p)
>> If you point me to a file I can update it and print some, if I can't
>> pop by your place. Or if someone steps up to design a new one with the
>> 5.3 style that would be nice.
>
> The main problem is that the people who created the original lost the
> source. If people would be using the Wiki for everything, this could not
> happen (well, attachement aren't versioned, so it is still possible)

Maybe there should be a promo subversion and trac, where we can also put
our presentations, for people using LaTeX for presentation, this would
be very nice feature.

I don't mind designing or just making the sources for some newer flyers
or the other material, like the business cards, and the stickers.
I would like to have the old ones to base the new ones on as I think the
design and text is very good.

--
Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be