[CentOS-promo] LinuxTag 2009

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Wed Jun 17 00:16:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, Christoph Maser wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 17.06.2009, 00:56 +0200 schrieb Dag Wieers:
>
>> I will not bring my laptops (broken screens) or my TFT screen.
>
> If you can bring a spare part scree i could bring my tools and fix your
> laptop (assuming its a thinkpad) ;)

I have two T41's that have screen issues. One is black, the other starts
to corrupt very quickly and get worse over time.

Since I don't know whether it's the mainboard (chipset) or the screen I
never wanted to invest in it. But if a replacement screen is not that
expensive I guess we could try it.

I dismantled my T43 once completely to replace the loose power-socket, so
I guess we could try that again.

Maybe Berlin has some good stores for laptop spare parts and/or second
hand pieces ?

One of those T41's was going to be the CentOS booth laptop, but since it
quickly started to behave like that we always used it with an external
screen. Both have a working external screen so that convinces me somehow
it must be the TFT (the wiring or the soldering).