[CentOS-promo] FrOSCon 2009 - Cleaning up the mess

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon May 25 16:12:35 UTC 2009

Andreas Rogge wrote:
> Does anyone want to give a talk/lecture/workshop/whatever? If we can
> fill half a day I can try to get a devroom where we can do it.
> I can offer my talk about diskless CentOS with iSCSI and a
> workshop/demonstration afterwards (about 1 hour).

Hmmm. Do we get enough interest for that? I have no idea how many people
attend the devroom workshops - has anyone been in one in the last two
years?

> As I'll need a rough estimate of the number of people, I'd really
> appreciate if everyone who is willing to help out could tell me as soon
> as possible. One or two people more or less aren't a big deal, but last
> year we had one desk and two chairs for about six people...

Well, as I missed Chemnitz and miss Linuxtag, I'm going to be at least
there (and yes, I've made sure that I can be there) :)

> I'll also ask on the centos-de Mailinglist if there are more people who
> want to help out.

Do we need that? There seem to be more people attending Froscon than
LinuxTag :)

> With the information I currently have I would order two desks, five
> chairs and a movable wall for posters.
> We can also have a bar table which we could probably place somewhere in
> front of our booth. Maybe this is a good idea, what do you think?
>

> A few dumb questions from a first-time project registree to the more
> expierienced people:
> Is there an official project description for CentOS? Is the PressKit[1]
> from the Wiki up-to-date/ok to use?

http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2008/live/detail.html?idx=150 has some
info, that is with what I got to Linuxtag in 2008.

> What logo should I use for the registration? Of course, I can just use
> the standard-logo[2], but that somehow doesn't "feel" right.

What doesn't feel right about that?

Cheers,

Ralph