[CentOS-promo] additions to the promo box

Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann ribalba at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:37:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 3:54 AM, Garry.Dale <garry.dale at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann
> <ribalba at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> Maybe the Promo team could get a budget of some kind. I will talk to
>> the people responsible in private.
>
> Hi, Didi.  Have you had any follow-up discussions regarding a Promo Team budget?

No unfortunately not. I would like to have one though would make the
whole thing more "professional" as we could buy stuff and not rely on
individuals donating.

For example I have been selling the T-Shirts so we can get a wireless
router for the box and a power extension. Which are quite vital for
conferences. Further one of those roll out banners would be nice, but
it seams that we have a new funky one now :)

I want to get some lanyard (keychain) as they have a really good promo
effect too.

What would be really useful would be printing some CDs but I still am
not sure if we might not waste a lot of money on that, as they might
not all go. If we would be really rich we could ship them like Ubuntu
for free. But on conferences it always looks quite unprofessional when
you are handing out burnt CDs (DVDs) with a printed black and white
sticker on them (Which we have run out now, by the way).

Cheers Didi