[CentOS-promo] FrOSCon 2010 - planning details

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Aug 17 06:10:28 EDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:

>> >  If he gives me something to bring, i'd be happy to bring it for you :-)
>>
>>  Only the USB sticks, or aren't we doing the Wii-mote stuff this year ?
>>
>>  I was planning to 'ship' through Fabian:
>>
>>    - 7x bluetooth usb dongles
>>    - 6x wiimotes
>>    - batteries and battery-loaders
>>    - flyers for the wiipresent project
>>    - 4x 4GB USB sticks
>>
>>  But 4 USB sticks and a LiveCD image is much more convenient ;-)
>
> Ouch, what's that 'project' ? Of course I know 'Wiipresent' but what's the
> goal with so much Wiimotes and flyers ? We don't have *anything* to present
> and only have a booth.

We hand out Wiimotes to presenters that would like to try Wiipresent. Like
we did last year:

   - WiiPresent at FrOSCon 2009
     http://dag.wieers.com/blog/wiipresent-at-froscon-2009

   - WiiPresent flyer for T-DOSE 2009
     http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/wiipresent/WiiPresent-documentation-tdose2009.pdf

> So was your idea to have some presentations on a screen at the booth and
> display them with the Wiimotes ?

Yes, I had a seperate booth last year (next to CentOS) showing off
WiiPresent on CentOS. It allowed us to demonstrate CentOS on that same
machine as well as promote the tool (or provide assistance to interested
people).