[CentOS-promo] CentOS Rollup for events ...

Garry Dale garry.dale at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 22:52:36 EST 2011

Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 26 January 2011 12:06, Marcus Moeller <marcus.moeller at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> http://www.marcusmoeller.ch/share/rollup_minimal_blue.svg
>
> I'm not sure about the "anyone". Perhaps "everyone"?
>
> Maybe it's just me (please don't rush to agree :-) ), so I'll just ask
> for other opinions.

IMHO, the emphasis on "Enterprise" is key, along with promotional
phrases like "reliable, predictable and reproducible" [1].

And of course the cost to the consumer is very appealing.

But CentOS and the CentOS Project are certainly not a good fit for
anyone and/or everyone [2].

The CentOS Project *builds* an enterprise-class OS. It's free for all.
And thank goodness it's not a free-for-all...

gd

[1] http://wiki.centos.org

[2] http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2010-December/006328.html