[CentOS-promo] Haowei would like to join CentOS Promo SIG Group and help CentOS Promotion things in China

Haowei.Lee cyrus_evans at 163.com
Mon Sep 3 09:20:32 EDT 2012

Hello all,

        As a Centos user for more than 5 years and a zh-cn wiki contributor, I was always considering how to promote CentOS in our China. Before join to work with Timothy for Centos zh-cn wiki, I have kept contributing to Fedora which was another opensource project more than 5 years.I ever tried to promote Fedora things in our China SNS things esp for local Chinese twitter which was called Weibo. I've seen that there were thousands of people come to join and discuss on Weibo after I helped to open an official Weibo account with the help from Red Hat Inc. Now, although I seldom involved with Fedora, I still found that the quantity of people come to join Weibo of Fedora had gone beyond more than 20 thousands and kept increasing.

      I here apply to you to consider to open an official Weibo for promotion of CentOS in China as Weibo could combine both sharing information&news and discussing or helping people to know more about CentOS. I could help to finish all process for opening an official and verified Weibo account and work with Timothy for maintaining the Weibo account.

      Would like to meet any team member online (My IRC nickname is Haowei)for detail discussion if you do not mind. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Haowei from China