[CentOS-promo] Reviving the List / FrOSCon 2013

Andreas Rogge a.rogge at solvention.de
Wed Aug 7 09:20:11 UTC 2013

Seems like nothing has happened on this List since FOSDEM this year.

It also turns out I didn't take care of many things as my priorities are
shifting around and CentOS somehow got somewhat left behind.
Some of you will have noticed this, as I didn't attend Loadays (again!)
or the Dojo.
Moreover I didn't even notify anyone - sorry if I caused any headaches.

Truth is i cowardly refused to tell anyone why I was unable to visit
Loadays and Dojo. Afterwards I felt ashamed, so the simplest move for me
was to just stay silent.

However, even though I didn't say anything I still took care we have a
booth at FrOSCon this year.
The conference takes place on 24th and 25th this month.
I know this is a really short notice, but if anyone is willing to attend
anyway we'd be glad to have you here.
Nevertheless, Sarah and me can also handle the booth alone.

If you need accommodation "on a budget" you can stay at our place for
free (we do have lots of space).
As an alternative I can try to find you a hotel - unlike the previous
years the conference doesn't seem to offer accommodation this year.

Regards,
Andreas

Just for the records:
It was my best man's birthday on Loadays weekend and he and his wife
were expecting their baby just a few days later. So in fact it was his
last birthday party before becoming a dad and i figured that this was
way more important than Loadays, even though I had already been committed.

--
Solvention Ltd. & Co. KG
St.-Sebastianus-Str. 5

Tel: +49 2203 989967-0