[CentOS-virt] Problem with foreign-language keyboard

Tim Verhoeven tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:34:59 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 10:28 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 1:00 AM, James Wilde <James.Wilde at bredband.com> wrote:
> >
> > However, in the guest, only the alphanumeric keys (a-z, 0-9) work as
> > intended.  The numeric keyboard does not appear to work at all.  And the
> > non-alphanumeric keys on the alpha keyboard do not produce the symbols they
> > should provided with the Swedish keyboard.  There is no key, for example,
> > which produces the hyphen, which means that it is impossible to enter a
> > parameter to a command, such as ls -la.
> >
> > I wonder if anyone else has had a similar difficulty and found a solution.
> > It doesn't have to be a solution for the Swedish keyboard.  Just a pointer
> > or hint would be appreciated.
>
> How about this wiki (near the bottom)?
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/Xen

Also read this :
http://misterd77.blogspot.com/2007/11/xen-graphical-console-and-foreign.html

As you can see in the comment from Konrad you can also set this in the
xend-config.sxp to make a certain keyboard layout the default one for
all the domU's.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Verhoeven - tim.verhoeven.be at gmail.com - 0479 / 88 11 83

Hoping the problem  magically goes away  by ignoring it is the
(Linus Torvalds)