[CentOS-virt] xen dependencies

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Sat Dec 29 16:21:42 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I posted this question originally in the users list as I was unaware of this one and have reposted here by that lists suggestion.

It appears that if I perform an install of CentOS 5.1 without changing *anything* in the options, then do a #yum groupinstall 'Virtualization' I can now get Xen to function in bridged mode (it has network connectivity). If I perform a minimal install, then #yum install xen xen-kernel, once I reboot I do not have network access to or from the box unless I switch to routed mode.

In lieu of this, can anyone shed some light on what dependency Xen has that is not installed when you do a completely bare install and execute a #yum install xen? I am hoping to finally end up with a minimum install of CentOS with Xen functioning without a gui or any additional services that won't be needed.

Thanks!

jlc