[CentOS-virt] Re: [kvm-devel] [ kvm-Bugs-1807620 ] KVM's --disable-gcc-check doesn't work

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Thu Oct 4 19:49:00 UTC 2007

Gregory Haskins wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 19:27 +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
>
>> ok but now as qemu code was imported into kvm, then it's probably would
>> be better to witch gcc-4.x?
>
> Sure.  Are you volunteering? ;)  I'm sure both upstream QEMU developers,
> KVM developers, and the community using either would be most
> appreciative.  I know I would be.

here i mean that packaging kvm for fedora/redhat/centos using gcc-4.x in
stead of gcc-3.x. if currently there is no reason to use gcc-3.x than i
change all of my spec file.

ps. anyway it's planed to be temporary or permanent to use a qemu fork
for kvm and not try to propagate changes back to the upstream qemu?