[CentOS-virt] OS Virtualization: Linux-VServer and OpenVZ

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Fri Oct 12 02:42:45 UTC 2007

Scott Dowdle wrote:
> So, anyone on this list using OS Virtualization?

I've just started using OpenVZ over the last month or two, having used
VMware previously for several years. And I think it was your screencast
at http://www.montanalinux.org/openvz-intro-video.html that gave me the
nudge to give OpenVZ a try. Thanks!

I've been pleased with the results so far, although it has been a rough
road to travel due to the many potholes along the 64-bit host route.

So far, I'm using 32-bit guests running CentOS 4.5 and 5.0 on a 64-bit
CentOS 5.0 host. I'm currently running production websites and will soon
migrate production email, ldap, and samba services onto OpenVZ.

Is anyone else here running x86_64 OpenVZ hosts?

-Mark Schwenk