[CentOS-virt] Xen List

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Thu Apr 17 20:37:36 UTC 2008

>you should disable NetworkManager with Xen or
>bad things will happen.

NetworkMangler is only installed with Gnome right? I did a minimal install without Gnome.

>I would just create an ifcfg with no IP address and that
>should work.

Ok, I will try that if I cant get the pass through to work.

>There's no need for a custom kernel, all the CentOS Xen kernels
>include pciback and pcifront support, and most other distros
>pre-compiled Xen kernels do too.

Well, I assumed it wasn't as dmesg says unknown kernel option passed when I stick the line into grub.conf? The syntax was righty out of xen doc's and similar to all I found when searching the net. I also tried unpacking the srpm and looking at it to see if I could spot anything which might lead me to believe it was turned on by default but I couldn't figure out where to look, you're sure the srpm has this option on?

Thanks again so much for all the help!
jlc