[CentOS-virt] RE: VMs won't power on

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Fri Aug 8 16:44:57 UTC 2008

Richard Fairfield wrote:

> Because I was in a hurry, I had to move this project to a different
> OS. I installed VMserver on Ubuntu,
>
> where I had knew it would work. I'll come back to CentOS later.
>

> But, for those that asked:
>
> 1) I was not running the Xen verion of the kernel.
>
> 2) The VMs that I was trying to start are good; they both worked on
> other VMware Server installations.

When a vm won't boot, you can review the vmware.log in the vm's folder
for diagnosis. Also, you can set debug on in the vmware-server-console
interface to get extra information into the logfile above.

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark at foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/