[CentOS-virt] xenbr0 isn't created anymore

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Fri Mar 28 20:51:36 UTC 2008

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Ross S. W. Walker wrote on Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:40:42 -0400:
> >
> > I have libvirt installed it probably is coming from there,
> > maybe so when it brings up virbr0 it can tap into eth0 bridge.
>
> not here with libvirt and xen from CentOS.

Hmm, must be a Xen 3.2 addition then. It seems to come into
existence when I bring up a domain and disappears after I
destroy it, so it's related to the networking of domains,
but I'll need to look into this further.

> > Not sure what you mean? You mean you have your GATEWAY set to
> > an IP outside your subnet?
>
> No, eth0 has a public and eth0:0 has a private IP address, both
> are statically set. So, I have a choice of gateway and I use the
> private gateway which is 192.168.1.1. DHCP offers addresses in a
> subset of this subnet.

So you have multiple gateways setup with different weights?

If so that could also explain it. If your private IP is
192.168.1.231, based on your earlier post, that would make
perfect sense.

Anyways, yes the older scripts will need to be fixed up
to handle the iputils output and if you get them working
well file a bug report with the fix.

-Ross