[CentOS-virt] CentOS-virt Digest, Vol 7, Issue 22

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Sun Mar 30 19:42:49 UTC 2008

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Hristo Benev wrote on Sat, 29 Mar 2008 02:39:42 +0200 (EET):
>
> > Already reported....
>
> That looks like something different. Maybe related, but not the same
> problem. Note, I can create VMs with virt-manager. Unfortunately, the
> reporter gave the perfect explanation "it doesn't work", so I don't know
> what he's experiencing. I suppose he may have switched off libvirtd and
> then virt-manager indeed might not be able to find interfaces.
>
> The problem I describe here happens when starting up xend. Under some not
> yet known circumstances the network-bridge script won't be able to
> determine the interfaces to juggle with because the output of ip route
> list is not what it expects.

Yes, the network bridge scripts have problems parsing iputils output
in some circumstances it seems.

In Kai's case, I believe it was because he had multiple default
gateways with different weights, and ip route would show:

default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0  src 192.168.1.231

When the scripts were expecting:

default via 192.168.1.1 dev eth0

Since I am using the xen.org 3.2 rpms on my system it was very
hard to properly troubleshoot, so that might not be the bottom
line here.

-Ross