[CentOS-virt] redhat's Qumranet acquisition

admin mick at mjhall.org
Wed Sep 10 09:02:30 UTC 2008

We're looking for a virtualisation platform to deploy in our production
environment (local government network).

After considering VMWare, we're probably most interested in Xen.
We would be using RHEL/CentOS hosts, so I'm wondering how much time and
energy to put into Xen if it will be "deprecated" in 12-18 months. The
boss has sensibly ruled out KVM/Ovirt for the time being. I guess RH
will make sure Xen->KVM migration fairly seamless when the time comes.

My boss seems most interested in a paid XenSource enterprise solution,
which apparently runs on CentOS?