[CentOS-virt] Is Ubuntu guest optimized or do I need to install para-virtual drivers manually?

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Thu Dec 31 12:19:44 UTC 2009

Hello:

According to this list of supported guest on RHEL 5.4 KVM:

<http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/Virtuali
zation_Guide/chap-Virtualization-KVM_Restrictions_and_support.html>
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/Virtualiz
ation_Guide/chap-Virtualization-KVM_Restrictions_and_support.html

RHEL and some Windows guests are automatically optimized with
para-virtualized drivers when I install it.

Is the same true if I install Ubunto as a guest or is there
something I need to do to get the para-virtual drivers installed
on it?

Thanks,
        Neil

--