[CentOS-virt] Ubuntu 8.04 DomU image from jailtime.org on CentOS 5.2 Dom0

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 02:21:14 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I am trying to get an Ubuntu 8.04 image running on my CentOS 5.2 Dom0
which so far has only been running CentOS 5.2 DomUs.

The image I am trying to run was fetched from jailtime.org (just so I
didn't have to go through building an image for myself).

The configuration of the DomU is based on what the guys at
jailtime.org provided and its as follows

name = "redgum"
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.1.22.el5xen"
memory = "1024"
disk = ['file:/srv/xen/redgum.img,sda1,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0', ]
vcpus=4
on_reboot = 'restart'
on_crash = 'restart'

When I start the VM I get the following message

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

As per my configuration I have mounted the image to sda1 and the root
is specified for the Kernel. Any one with similar experiences or could
point me to the right direction?

Thanks.

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)