[CentOS-virt] fully virt Xen DomU network question

Coert Waagmeester lgroups at waagmeester.co.za
Mon Jun 29 07:59:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 09:19 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Coert Waagmeester wrote:
> > Hello all fellow CentOS users!
> >
> > I have a working xen setup with 3 paravirt domUs and one Windblows 2003
> > fully virt domU.
> >

> > There are to virtual networks.
> >
> > As far as I can tell in the paravirt Linux DomUs I have gigabit
> > networking, but not in the fully virt Windows 2003 domU....
> >
> > Is there a setting for this, or is it not yet supported?
> >

> That's not on the dom0 side, but directly in the w2k3 domU .. : you'll
> get *bad* performances (at IO and network level) if the xenpv drivers
> for Windows aren't installed .. Unfortunately you will not be able to
> find them for CentOS. (While Upstream have them of course)

I see on google that no one really knows when they will make xenpv
available in CentOS....

But I will be able to live with the performance... I intend on making
the w2k3 server a domain controller and print spooler.
Any warnings I should heed in this respect?

I am using Samba as a file server.

Kind regards,
Coert