[CentOS-virt] Tiny OT: yum priorities or protectbase

Mathew S. McCarrell mccarrms at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:54:23 UTC 2009

Personally, I would go with priorities because it gives you more control.

I'm currently in the process of switching to priorities because of packages
from external repos replacing the stable ones that come with CentOS even
though I was using protectbase.  I'm not entirely sure this is what was
causing my reboot issues on the Xen boxes that I run but it certainly could
have been a factor.

Matt

--
Mathew S. McCarrell