[CentOS-virt] Bad Disk Performance of domU

Mathew S. McCarrell mccarrms at gmail.com
Wed May 20 18:24:36 UTC 2009

In general, disk performance on a domU will always be lower than on a dom0.
That being said, I agree with Christopher that is sounds like you are using
a sparse disk file.

Did you create this VM with virt-install?  If so, you can pass the
--nonsparse option to virt-install when creating the VM to allocate all the
disk space when creating the VM.

Matt

--
Mathew S. McCarrell