[CentOS-virt] XEN and RH 6

Kris Buytaert mlkb at inuits.be
Thu Nov 12 11:43:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 16:26 +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> Both Novell and Oracle having been deeply involved in Xen lately, both
> are developing and supporting their own products based on Xen.

Given the fact that Unbreakable is a source rebuild from RHEL,  and
Oracle is putting a lot of effort behind Xen   , they hosted the Xen
summit before, after the aquisition of Virtual Iron where they clearly
defined their roadmap was Xen based,  (not even including potential Xen
based platforms they might get when the Sun acquisition eventually falls
trough)

So it looks to me that they will have to build a Dom0 based distribution
anyhow.

The bigger question however will be if and how this work can come back
upstream and potentially be used in CentOS ?

What's the idea on that ?

greetigns

Kris