[CentOS-virt] IP based VirtualHost: IP aliases vs. additional virtual interfaces

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Aug 10 10:12:57 EDT 2010

> You don't have to restart the guest to add or remove aliases:

yes I am aware of that, and that's why I'm wondering whether it is
better to use aliases rather than to add virtual interfaces (which
does require to restart guests with our KVM version, no hot-plug I
think).

But is there any drawback with using aliases?
Or does using virtual interfaces provide additional performance/stability/... ?