[CentOS-virt] Vmware Server 2 and KVM....

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 10:55:05 EDT 2010

Just so you guys don't think I'm off my rocker...well not totally anyway ;)
I did come across this post in fedora forum that got me to think it might
work....

Currently, I have *VMware* *Server* 2.0 and *KVM* on the *same* headless
machine with 4G mem, AMD 4400+. It's running for a small business,
therefore, I don't mind the performance. However, *2* win2k advance servers
on the *VMware* *server* 2.0, *2* win2k advance servers, a XP desktop and a
m0n0wall firewall on the *KVM* are both running fantastically.

I'm a fedora fan, but the PC *server* which I set up is running on Debian
Lenny (Proxmox, *you* guys might have heard).

I believe that *KVM* is better, though, I don't have any benchmark on them.

So was just wondering if anyone had tried to do this with centos....looks
like I will give it a go, all of my clients are Linux.....centos of various
flavors...I'll report back what I find out...