[CentOS-virt] Vmware Server 2 and KVM....

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 04:35:24 EDT 2010

> Uh.. are you mixing Xen and KVM now?
>
> I think KVM *always* requires the kernel module, aka CPU support for hardware virtualization.
>
> -- Pasi

You might be right... having trouble googling something... but I
thought that kvm without -enable-kvm (or with -no-kvm) and with
-kernel, -append and -initrd specified could be used for a
paravirtualized guest .... However that might just be fully emulated
on qemu which might or might not help rather than
paravirtualization...

My apologies if I err ^^ been a while since I had a system without
available an vmx/svm interface on the CPU....

I know for a fact that libvirt doesn't support PV guests under KVM...
virt-install (which uses libvirt) will refuse to try it etc.

I'll test it later this week to satisfy my curiosity ;)

James